Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oh Those Summer Days...


I love summer!

I love having the kids home...waking a little later...feeling like my day is more mine...

Today was one of those wonderful summer days. I woke feeling refreshed! Got in my office and started taking care of business, stopped and got a great workout, got my house in order...all before the kids arose!

Then, off to Home Depot...love Home Depot! Got a few flowers to add to the backyard, got sandpaper and paint to complete a project outside while the kids swam.

Happy, happy am I!
Planted all my flowers while watching my wonderful kids swim in the pool...finished my project, which turned out quite nice, while the kids are swimming in the pool...Dropped the SOLID metal umbrella stand on my big toe...while the kids are swimming in the pool...Hobbled to the pool and soaked my throbbing toe...while the kids are swimming in the pool...

Now I'm blogging to all of you at almost 1am and drinking a glass of wine because my toe is throbbing so badly that I can't sleep and I'm praying the glass of wine will take the edge off!

Oh, those summer days....

1 comment:

Marie said...

OUCH! Maybe someone is trying to tell you to slow down a bit and enjoy the summer IN the pool with the kids. :)