Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bitter Sweet for Locks of Love!



My daughter Kailey was born 8 years ago healthy, beautiful, and with a head of hair!

This head of hair has almost become her signature...

She would just smile shyly every time someone would comment on that long beautiful hair, so it came as a bit of a surprise when she announced that she wanted to donate her hair to Locks of Love!

A huge part of me was so proud of her and so grateful that she "had not become her hair", that she didn't feel like she "needed" that hair.

But....honestly, another part of me was a bit sad. I would constantly run my fingers through that long beautiful hair....as she grew, it grew.

It was almost like I was losing a piece of my "little girl" once the hair was lost.

Crazy I know, and not real proud of it, but just being honest...

I supported her and was proud of her, but it also made me think how quickly they grow up and no matter how well they do this, as a parent it's still bitter sweet.

On May 30th at 4:30pm Kailey donated 10 inches of hair to Lock of Love...with a huge smile on her face that made me so proud of my big girl!

No comments: