Monday, June 22, 2009

Always Room For More...

I was chatting with a friend today that just had her second child, and though she was overjoyed, she had this sadness as well...Boy did that hit home, and I think so many of us Moms can relate.

The second child process...

As beautiful as it is and such a gift...a sibling!
But somehow with it, for a moment...or two, comes this bit of sadness. Feeling like somehow you have placed this precious first born on the "winter" shelf and your now bringing out the "summer" clothes!

I NOW know that we place that on ourselves and that isn't at all what our child is thinking or feeling. But at the time I didn't feel that, and it took the words and wisdom of a child to open my eyes...

When I had my second, my kids are just over four years apart, and I was sitting and nursing...again...and my son is sitting watching a program, and I'm feeling horrible that he's sitting watching a program, so I apologize to him.
I said I was so sorry that we weren't at the park or playing a game together, and he looked at me so sincerely, and at 4 1/2 years of age said "You have two kids now Mommy...It's ok...I'm ok."

Of course I cried....

As our families grow, our hearts grow as well, always room for more...

No comments: