Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Gift To Treasure





This will be a bit of a sentimental post, but it touched me so much that I couldn't not do it.

I have been so fortunate to be able to be a stay at home Mom to my kids...which I have loved and treasured.

This past year my daughters First Grade teacher had her first child in the later part of the summer and was having a true struggle with placing her in day care when the school year started. So I suggested that I would care for her full time through the school year and would be able to balance everything else out just fine. I understood her struggle.

So I cared for Mary Jane through this past school year full time, and yes it was a full load, and yes I had to stay very scheduled and structured, but what a gift she is. With all the craziness with the economy and different stresses in the world today, I can honestly say that I smiled more having her, then I every would have without her there. So basically, nurturing her, nurtured me as well.

Well, the school year ended and I will have her again this fall, but for now I only get to have her once a week to keep a bit of continuity there for this next school year...just to make the transition easier for her. But last week when I had her here for the day, there was a little box in her diaper bag beautifully wrapped from Tiffany & Co. that had my name on it. I opened the gift and it was the Tiffany Link Bracelet...just beautiful...and a note thanking me for being that link to an amazing first year for little Mary Jane.

I say, thank you Mary Jane, for all the spontaneous smiles and out loud laughter that you prompted from me....and I will treasure my gift.

1 comment:

MMarrs said...

What a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing!